Pretty-In-Pink Deviled Eggs | Fitness Magazine
Serving Size:24 deviled eggs
- 12 large eggs
- 1 medium red beet, peeled and shredded or julienned
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 scallion, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco or cotija cheese
- Fill a large bowl with ice and cold water and set aside. Place eggs in a large saucepan, add cold water to cover by 2 inches and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 10 minutes. Drain and transfer eggs to ice water.
- When eggs are cool, peel and place in another large bowl with beet and vinegar; add enough water to cover. Refrigerate until eggs are stained pink, 1 hour (or up to 3 hours for a deeper pink).
- Dry eggs and halve lengthwise. Scoop yolks into a medium bowl. Add scallion, jalapeno, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and 1 tablespoon water and stir until smooth, thinning with additional water if necessary. Spoon yolk mixture into white egg halves.
- Drain beets and discard liquid; transfer to a small bowl and toss with lime juice. Top eggs with beet mixture, mint and cheese.
https://fitnessamazons.com/pretty-in-pink-deviled-eggs-fitness-magazine/https://fitnessamazons.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ss_RU215842.jpghttps://fitnessamazons.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ss_RU215842-50x50.jpgRecipesfitnessBy Khalil Hymore Serving Size:24 deviled eggs Ingredients 12 large eggs 1 medium red beet, peeled and shredded or julienned 2 teaspoons white vinegar 1 scallion, white and green parts, finely chopped 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced 1/4 cup light mayonnaise 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice 4 teaspoons chopped mint 2 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco or cotija cheese Directions Fill...Jill Stanley [email protected]AdministratorFitness Amazons