Just like coconut oil, lavender is one of those “it” ingredients that’s been trending in the health and wellness community since herbalists and physicians began to use it for all types of aches and pains. And for good reason – there’s certainly no shortage of lavender uses!
If you’ve already experienced lavender’s many benefits, then you know it’s much more than just a pretty purple plant that smells divine.
Lavender is an incredibly “cooling” herb that’s super versatile. It can be used for just about anything from cooking to skincare to cleaning and more.
Here Are 22 Lavender Uses for Your Everyday Life:
If you’re not sure where to start with lavender, here are 22 uses for lavender that will cover all your wants and needs! When the following uses call for lavender essential oil, we recommend using doTERRA’s lavender essential oil.
Lavender Uses for Cleansing and Clearing
- Diffuse a few drops of lavender essential oil to calm your senses and clear signs of nausea or headache, particularly before bedtime. Lavender naturally helps induce a good night’s sleep
- Love the scent of lavender so much that you want your clothes to smell like it too? Make your own DIY dryer bags! They’re cost effective and chemical-free
- By mixing together a few simple ingredients, you can also make your own lavender linen spray. Drift off to dreamland with the cleanest smelling sheets after using your DIY dryer bags!
- Tie together some sage and lavender to create a DIY floral smudging bundle that’ll cleanse your space
- Infuse some vinegar and water with lavender for an easy three-ingredient household cleaner
- Cut up a few lavender stalks, toss them into an ice cube tray, and fill with water for the simplest mocktail garnish that’ll keep your drink cold too. Bonus points for cuteness
- Want to start jarring your own preserves this winter? Start with this scrumptious four-ingredient blackberry and lavender jam
- Supercharge your nighttime routine with a warm mugga’ this soothing lavender, chamomile, vanilla, and honey mylk. Its calm in a cup!
- If you’re in the mood for some delicious baking but don’t know what to pop in the oven first, try whipping up these vegan and gluten-free lavender lemon shortbread cookies that are perfect for a special-diet crowd
- Make a large batch of pantry staples like this honey lavender vanilla bean simple syrup to add into your morning bevvy or lavender infused olive oil to give ordinary dishes a punch
- Give dull winter skin extra love and much needed exfoliation with a gorgeous DIY lavender sugar scrub
- Add some boiling water to a bowl of lavender flowers for a facial steam that effectively opens pores, removes dirt and toxins, and soothes irritated, stressed out skin
- Say hello to radiant skin with a few mists of this five-ingredient DIY facial toner that consists of lavender, frankincense, witch hazel, filtered water, and a bit of apple cider vinegar
- Make your own gentle facial scrub with anti-inflammatory lavender and oatmeal and add an anti-aging kick of green tea
- If you’re particularly sensitive, try an aftershave that contains lavender oil for a relieving and nourishing skin treatment
- Combine lavender and coconut oil in a roll-on applicator bottle to help settle the itchiness of bug bites
- Massage lavender oil and a carrier oil like jojoba oil into your skin or scalp to promote hair growth
- Light a lavender scented candle for a little ambience and unwind while reading, writing, or completing your nighttime routine before bed
- Try using an aromatherapy roll-on with lavender oil in it to set the stage for a peaceful sleep or make your own
- Quickly send yourself off to sleep by soaking with a lavender-filled bath product. Satisfaction guaranteed
- Spray your pillows with a DIY lavender mist or gift a bottle to someone you love who has trouble falling asleep at night
- Seek out a lavender eye pillow filled with lavender flowers and flax seeds. Heat it up before placing it on your skin for extra comfort
Love smudging? You can DIY with sage too! Make Your Own DIY Floral Sage Bundle to Cleanse Your Space
Lavender Uses for Cooking
Lavender Uses for Skincare
Have damaged hair or trying to grow your hair out? Here Are 10 Tips to Promote Healthy Hair Growth
Lavender Uses for Better Sleep
Looking for more ways to use lavender and other essential oils? These are the Best Uses For the 7 Most Popular Essential Oils
The Takeaway on All the Uses for Lavender
The number of benefits and uses for lavender are truly endless! It’s a magical little plant that brings us so many different benefits.
Though there’s a good chance you won’t be able to find whole lavender or lavender oil in the aisles of any regular grocer, you can check your local health food or bulk store, herbal apothecary, tea emporium, or flower shop for the freshest bunches.
With 45 species and 450 varieties, it shouldn’t be too hard to find. That said, stick to pure, organic lavender to avoid pesticides, especially if you’re ingesting it.
What are your favorite lavender uses? Share with us in the comments below!
All included information is not intended to treat or diagnose. The views expressed are those of the author and should be attributed solely to the author. For medical questions, please consult your healthcare provider.